Captive in the Dark  - C.J. Roberts

The exciting, titillating, and action-filled conclusion to Captive in the Dark.

What is the price of redemption?

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance?

Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?

5+ STARS

This has to be one of my favorite reads. I knew by reviews it would be dark and gritty and from page 1 I was sucked in. It blew me away.  This is not a typical romance. It is not heart and flowers. It is dark, intense, twisted, disturbing. It is a total mindfuck.

He had tied me – naked – to a bedpost. To suffer. And he was somewhere in the house fucking some whore’s brains out. He wasn't thinking of me. Of the pain I was in because of him. He simply did. Not. Care.

I don't really know how to start with this review. It is hard to put into words what I felt while reading this. This read is not for everyone, some will think it is sick and disturbing which is all true but me, I freaking loved it! By the time I read the last page I was wishing I was Olivia. Yes I'm sick and disturbed! So sue me! The writing was amazing. I was sucked in from page 1, I just couldn't put it down. It felt very real. Like this was written based on actual events. It was as if I was watching this unfold in front of my own eyes.  Olivia is such a strong character.  She had a strong instinct to survive and I loved her for it. I felt every emotion with her. There is no way to explain Caleb - he is monster, this is  true, but the life he has lived is the only one he knows. It was hard to blame him for his actions. He knew they were wrong. He wanted to be  a better person, which is all I could have hope for. I wanted a love for Olivia and Caleb, but sometimes it can't always be a happy ending.

Like a Falcon, she needed the dark to understand who her master was.

My Livvie & Caleb: