Tears of Tess  - Pepper Winters

“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”
Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility.
For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.
But lusty paradise is shattered.
Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror.
Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.
Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?

Me  when I got my hands on this book

But then from 1%- 52% I was like

(Seriously)

Then me at 53%

Then.. I just had to read some reviews on Goodreads..

This was seriously disappointing. I had high hopes for this book. This being my favorite genre in reading.  Firstly, it was confusing and didn't make sense at times. A lot of moments I was reading and kept thinking WTF. I didn't get the name 'Q' and I didn't get him. I also didn't get Tess or connect with either of them. Really, to be honest, I don't understand the 4/5 star reviews on Goodreads so it does not come with my recommendation but it is still liked by a few. Good effort from the author but this book is not for me.