Held - Kimberly A. Bettes

Nicole Lee, a young wife and new mother, steps out of the mall, squinting against the glare of the midday sun, completely unaware that her life is about to change forever.

In a matter of seconds, she is steeped in fear as the world she knows and the life she loves fades away.

As the panic sets in and the terror takes hold, Nicole tries to keep calm, though she's now in a frantic fight for her life. Locked in a deadly battle of wits with a psychopath, she struggles to keep her sanity as she's held.

This is how imagine Ron, but not with a chainsaw, with an axe cutting his victims into pieces and throwing them out in trash bags. I don't even know how to rate this book. I don't even know if I liked it. Ron is a psychopath. He is not handsome, though Nicole has mentioned his looks a couple times. He is a mental case. A bastard. I didn't even want to finish it. It was going to be a DNF but then I read Crystal's part & I desperately wanted to see what happened to her, and also to see how Nicole's story ends. It is horrific. Its brutal.  Its not for the faint hearted. There are bits where I couldn't even read because it was so gruesome.  I thought I had read some twisted mind fuck reads, until I read this. I don't think I could ever read something like this again.